Facebook Fun Facts
This crazy website is more engaging than you can imagine, read now:
- More than 40 million small businesses have active pages pages
- The like button has been pressed 1.13 trillion times.
- As of January 2016, 100 million hours of video was watched on Facebook Daily.
- The average time spent per visit is 20 minutes making the average monthly time spent to 600 minutes.
- More than 83% of daily active users are outside the US and Canada the number has grown from 75% in the previous year which goes on to show the increased growth in rest of the world.
- Percent of 18-34-year-old who check Facebook when they wake up is 48%.
- The average number of pages, groups, and events a user is connected to is 80.
- 14.58 million photo uploads per hour, 243,000 photo uploads per minute, and 4,000 photo uploads per second.
- Every 20 Minutes, 1 million links are shared, 20 million friend requests are sent, and 3 million messages are sent.
- 55 million status updates are made every day.
- Facebook is available in 101 languages with over 300,000 users helping in translation.
Based on 2017.
Thought to take with you:
At 2.07 billion, Facebook has more monthly active users than WhatsApp (500 million), Twitter (284 million) and Instagram (200 million)—combined (Source: CNBC). Please note that this is no longer true. Instagram now has over 600 million users according to Instagram’s report December 21, 2016. The site continues to reign in popularity over other social media channels, but the competition is mounting.
To read all the statistics, read this article: Facebook Statistics 2017 Top 20 – Updated November 2017